Yahoo has made an untouchable place in the market of web applications. From the web portal, directory, search engine, messenger, Yahoo news, Yahoo finance, Yahoo answers, advertising to email service platform, Yahoo is the house of all. The plethora of services it offers is the reason why Yahoo has the open of the largest database of users.
The brand started in America and now it is being used in 25 countries worldwide. The quality of the services is the only justification of its international popularity. Yahoo consistently works in the direction of improvement of its products and services and thus approx. 700 million users access the Yahoo web portal on monthly basis.
Now the major focus of Yahoo is its email service platform as a Yahoo mail id allows you to access other Yahoo platforms. Here are the basic features of Yahoo mail:
Less-known facts of Yahoo:
Yahoo is much more than just an emailing platform but all those services require a Yahoo ID.
- Yahoo is famous for consistent improvement.
- Yahoo messenger has brought the revolution in the field of communication.
- The regular bug fixes and enhancements make it more desirable
- ahoo keeps the privacy of users at first place and hence offers the high-security constraints with several encryption means.
There are few facts of Yahoo which are not yet known to the audience. Some of them are really jaw-dropping. Here is the list:
- Yahoo was founded in back January 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo, as a web portal. It was their college project which is now used worldwide.
- Yahoo was first named as “Jerry and David's guide to the World Wide Web”.
- Yahoo is the acronym for “Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle”.
- The exclamation mark behind Yahoo was added to make it unique as Yahoo without the exclamation mark was owned by BBQ sauce company,